What is the NetGuard Apk?
NetGuard Apk, Net Guardian Apk, download
This was one of the changes that got introduced with the Android Lollipop (5.0) which was the removal of the dedicated and smooth functioning Internet permission on Android.
At the time, though there was some attention drawn to the changes, but users could still use root access for installing a firewall and block their individual apps.
In short, if we need to explain, we can say that NetGuard for Android is a no-root firewall solution that offers us the control over which apps may actually be accessing the internet, without causing any breakage of apps.
The NetGuard can also offer control over both our Wi-Fi and also the cellular data networks separately, making potentially useful for taming apps behaving weird and can munch up rapidly through our cellular data package.
NetGuard can also give us a simple user interface, where we will be able to block or allow any of the applications access easily to a particular type of network. In this, you will be able to see a green icon which probably indicates that an app is allowed access, and an orange or a red icon which indicates that it is blocked.
Though the app is not hugely configurable, but it has come out as a boon as it will take you less than 2 minutes to install NetGuard, and then get it to start its work. You will just need to toggle the orange switch in the top bar to the “on” position or slide to the right to enable the firewall.
What are the main advantages of using the NetGuard Apk?
The NetGuard Apk has already proven to be very useful to us despite still getting to know the app in detail. But some of the most important benefits of the apk are:
- It will reduce your data usage much more than you can even imagine it.
- You will be able to save your battery to a more reliable percentage.
- You will also be able to maintain or increase your privacy.
Yes, you can avail all of these benefits or advantages with the NetGuard apk.
How can you download and install the NetGuard Apk on your Android devices?
You will see that the NetGuard app is available on the Google Play Store, but it is not the updated version of the app. So, if you have already installed it from the Google Play Store, you will need to first uninstall the Play Store version of NetGuard, and then you will get the latest version of the more advanced NetGuard online.
Once you have finished the download, click the Download complete notification, and click “Install” when prompted to do so. now you can open the NetGuard and click toggle switch at the top of the screen which will enable the app’s VPN service.
Now, this will block the ads and will also filter other traffic, so just click “OK” when you are asked to turn on the VPN. Next, click on the three-dot menu button in the top-right corner of the app, and go to “Settings” where you will need to enable the Filter traffic entry under the Advanced options menu. When you have entered this part, make sure that the Block domain names are also switched on, if not done earlier.
Next you can now go back to the app’s main Settings menu and click on the “Backup,” and then you will need to select “Download hosts file.” This is all a slow process so, you will need to wait for a few seconds until it gets completed.
Now open the Chrome window and move to the settings menu by clicking again on the three-dot menu button on the upper-right corner. Here you will need to scroll down and then find “Data Saver,” and make sure that it is turned off if it is not off.
As told before, this is a slow process and may take up to 10 minutes for you to stop seeing the ads, and in order to let the Android DNS cache to time out. Now that it is done with the set-up process, just make sure that this ad blocking feature is working. When you are testing this feature, if you see a message which says, “Ad blocking works,” then you are right. Your feature is working.
When you are done with the test, you can get relieved that your app is working fine. Now head towards any news site, and when they are laden with ads and many sponsored contents, you will come to know how well your
What are the features of the NetGuard Apk?
- NetGuard is the first free and open source no-root firewall apk which has been created for Android.
- The apk is Simple to use, and the user interface is user-friendly.
- The apk does not require any root.
- You will be able to find 100% open source for the apk.
- There is no calling home feature in the apk.
- There is also no tracking or analytics done.
- The apk is actively developed and a supported one.
- It is able to support Android 5.1 and later devices.
- It also supports all kinds of IPv4/IPv6 TCP/UDP.
- The apk is also able to support tethering.
- The apk optionally allows when the screen on.
- The apk also optionally blocks when in the roaming mode.
- It also optionally blocks the system applications.
- The apk also optionally has got forward ports, which is also for the external addresses.
- The apk is also able to optionally notify when an application accesses the internet.